What’s on this term? Here are some of our events, collaborations and recommendations! Check out our EVENT BOOKINGS page to book!
Jan – March 2017
- The D-Word: Let’s Talk About Diversity Matters 1st February CLICK HERE
- Diversity Matters in Milan, Italy 8th – 13th February
- Diversity Matters Presentation at UAL Race Champion Forum 21st February
- Westminster University BME Staff Network screening and Panel discussion on “Dark Girls” with Diversity Matters 23rd February CLICK HERE to book!
- Diversity Matters Beyond Borders Showcase & Fundraiser 14th March CLICK HERE. To sponsor, donate or perform pls email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDxSquareMile The School of Tomorrow 18th March
- Priorities for the UK creative industries workforce post-Brexit 30th March CLICK HERE
April – June 2017
Diversity In Marketing & Advertising Summit 4th – 5th April 2017 CLICK HERE
Diversity Matters 1st Anniversary 18th April 2017
Diversity Matters Awareness Week @ UAL 24th April – 29th April (tbc)
SEPT – DEC 2016
Diversity Matters Italy and Spain trip (contact us for summer collaborations email@example.com
- Diversity Matters stall at AfroPunk Festival 24th Sept
- SUARTS Freshers Fair: 28th Sept. Come by our stall and say hello! Sign up on the day and get a Diversity Matters goodie bag full of goodies from our supporters!
- Black History Festival talk with Prince Asfa-Wossen Asserate (of Ethiopia!) 29th Sept. Join in an innovative discussion on Africa and its impact on ‘world history’ lead by the grandnephew of Haile Selassie. CLICK HERE!
- Diversity Matters in Ghana: Our 2week trip organising workshops and keynote paenl discussion “The Returned: How can the diaspora reconnect with Africa?“
- BLACK PORTRAITURE[S] III: Reinventions: Strains of Histories and Cultures (Nov 20016) South Africa trip (TBC depending on funding) CLICK HERE for more info!
- #DiversityMatters Chipotle Social Friday 4th Nov 2016 at Chipotle Charing Cross Road. Booking Essential. CLICK HERE to book! All welcome. For more dates CLICK HERE
- Westminster Media Forum seminar Media diversity on and off-screen – key initiatives, access and developing talent. It will include keynote addresses from Dan Brooke, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Channel 4; Caroline Norbury, Chief Executive Officer of Creative England and Tunde Ogungbesan, Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Succession at the BBC. 8th November 2016 CLICK HERE for more info.
- Christmas Divercity Arts Project in Uganda (empowering children to expresses their themselves through art) Collaboration with #Art4Change and #ThumbsUpForUganda Dec 26th
- #ThumbsUpForUganda piano tour Nov Dec 2016
MAY – JULY 2016
6th May: EXCLUSIVE! Brash Young Turks Screening + Q&A with director Naeem Mahmood! LCC. 6pm – 8.30pm plus complimentary drinks reception
12th May: Diversity Matters: Let’s Talk Race film pt1 and pt2 PLUS workshop CSM. pm 6pm- 7.30pm. Room c202. Food and drinks provided. CLICK HERE
25th May: Other Voices Conference (screening Let’s Talk About Race pt1 & pt2). This conference is part of London College of Communication’s Other Voices project, supported by the UAL Curriculum Development Fund. 12-6pm. FREE. CLICK HERE to book.
31st May – ‘In The Shadow of the Sun’ film screening directed by Harry Freeland. 6.30pm (registeration/pre-drinks. 7pm start)-9pm Film Screen supporting Wimbledon College of Arts student project. UAL High Holborn. CLICK HERE to book
2nd June: Art Exhibition and Fundraising screening. 4.30pm – 9pm private view with works by UAL students, staff and external practitioners. Live piano performance by Fabio Tedde fundraising for #Art4Change. CLICK HERE to book. Email Kai to submit art works on the theme of diversity and race matters. firstname.lastname@example.org
7th June: Questioning Identity… Zine-making workshop with non-binary artist Rudy Loewe! 12.00 – 14.00 UAL High Holborn. FREE handmade Rudy Loewe slogan tote bag and light lunch provided. CLICK HERE to book!
7th July: Diversity Matters Film screening + workshop at Chelsea College of Arts 5.30pm – 7.30pm. George Blacklock, Dean of Chelsea, will open the event with a few words. FREE. CLICK HERE to book!
30th June: LCC Student+Alumni presentation evening with drinks and networking reception. CLICK HERE to book
11th July: The Hard Stop debut screening at BFI. CLICK HERE to book
1st July – 17th July: DiverCity Arts Project; creative arts and employability workshops this summer giving students an opportunity to sell their art works at markets and keep any profit made! CLICK HERE to APPLY!
11th July – 15th July: UAL Graduates Futures Week. Check out “She Creates: Women of colour in Graphic Design and Illustration”. Contact Kai email@example.com for more info on the workshop or to collaborate. CLICK HERE to book!
Summer collaborations available for workshops, screenings, and events in Europe and beyond. Contact us to collaborate!