Diversity Matters GIJ is run by Ghana Institute of Journalism students to form a central hub on discussing matters of Pan-Africanism in the Arts and Media, and wider society in general. The DM GIJ society is the latest branch of Diversity Matters student-lead initiatives, with the UN IDPAD (International Decade of People of African Descent) 2015-2024 part of the discourse. CLICK HERE for more on Diversity Matters GIJ
Arts Diversity Matters Society is an ARTS SU (University of the Arts London Students’ Union) latest formed by a collective of students from diverse backgrounds to continue the discourse and action-lead activities around diversity, race matters and inclusion created through Diversity Matters in April 2016 with the launch of Diversity Matters Awareness Week!
CLICK HERE to become a member for only £5 for the whole academic year! Our sponsors this year include Chipotle Mexican Grill who’ll be hooking us up with special offers for our regular socials in their restaurants across London!
Signup to the Arts DMS newsletter for events, socials and opportunities! CLICK HERE
- Diversity Matters stall at AfroPunk Festival 24th Sept
- Arts Diversity Matters termly magazine written by students email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a contributor!
- Freshers Fair: 28th Sept. Come by our stall and say hello! Sign up on the day and get a Diversity Matters goodie bag full of goodies from our supporters! PLUS social at Shutterbug Shoreditch (more info to come)!
- Black History Festival talk with Prince Asfa-Wossen Asserate (of Ethiopia!) 29th Sept. Join in an innovative discussion on Africa and its impact on ‘world history’ lead by the grandnephew of Haile Selassie. BOOK NOW!
- Stonewall exhibition #byyourside 5th Oct BOOK NOW!
- BLACK PORTRAITURE[S] III: Reinventions: Strains of Histories and Cultures Nov 20016 South Africa trip (TBC depending on funding) CLICK HERE for more info!
- Christmas Divercity Arts Project stall (empowering BAME students to create and sell their works plus gain enterprise skills).
- Diversity Matters Awareness Week (April 2017) and 1yr anniversary celebration!
- Divercity Arts Project summer stall (empowering BAME students to create and sell their works plus gain enterprise skills).
PLUS regular meetups and socials, trips and more! Join the UAL Diversity Matters facebook group for more info!
JOIN THE TEAM!
We’re currently recruiting a team of UAL students to form a strong and active society! If you’d like to be part of the change you’d like to see – we’d love to have you part of the team! Email Kai email@example.com
Look out for our society committee photo shoot coming soon!…
SUPPORT THE CAUSE!
Statistics show that BAME students are most likely to under-achieve than their white peers. UAL Diversity Matters Society aims to bridge the gap in lack of representation for such students through events with a strong essence of self-empowerment. If you’d like to support us by sponsoring our society to help engage more Black and Minority ethnic students by; financial support towards organising events,inviting motivational guest speakers, peer mentoring, local trips, and more, please email Kai Lutterodt firstname.lastname@example.org
UAL Diversity Matters Society is open to all students regardless of ethnicity, sexuality and gender. We operate a safe space policy.
Join Arts Diversity Matters Society Facebook group CLICK HERE
Not a UAL student but still want to get involved? Contact Kai email@example.com
BECOME A SU SOCIETY!
Student campaigns are fundamental grassroots movements in creating systematic change within Universities and beyond! Campaigning can be an exciting and rewarding experience – and your Students’ Union is there to support you! So why not start a Diversity Matters Society at your university and be part of a supportive network championing diversity in the learning environment! Most Students’ Unions offer grants to help you set up and promote your society. PLUS, you’ll have the support of a wider team outside your university! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on representing Diversity Matters at your university!
GOT SOME GOODIES?
Who doesn’t love a good freebie?! Send us complimentary items we can share out at our events, society meets and as competition prizes! Please email email@example.com and/or mail to:
UAL Diversity Matters Society, c/o SUARTS, UAL 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY